Strawberry Cheesecake Pistachio Layer Cake
Try this perfect layer cake for your next birthday party.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 12 servings
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Decadent Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake Mix
- water, oil and eggs called for on cupcake mix package
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Duncan Hines® Comstock® or Wilderness® Strawberry Pie Filling & Topping
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 Tbsp. graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely. Slice in half into 2 layers (one will have a domed top).
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add frosting pouch and continue beating 3 minutes.
- Spread frosting on flat side of one cake layer. Place strawberry filling in center of cake. Top with next cake layer (dome side up) and frost entire cake.
- Combine pistachios and graham cracker crumbs. Press pistachios on sides of cake. Garnish cake with additional strawberry pie filling or sliced strawberries.