Spiced Almond Pumpkin Cake
Celebrate the holidays with this pumpkin puree yellow cake recipe. Who knows, it may just be your new holiday tradition.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 12 Servings
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 box Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F for glass or metal pans, 325°F for dark or non-stick pans. Grease a Bundt pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Empty package of yellow cake mix, eggs, pumpkin puree, water, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Mix on low speed until moistened, then increase to medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on bottom of Bundt pan and the pour cake batter in. Smooth out the top so it’s even and bake immediately. Bake for 33-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and let cool completely. Serve immediately.