Say, “Boo!” and this cat may jump right off your pie! Using Halloween-themed cookie cutters is a great way to make personal-sized pies even more fun this time of year. Best of all, you can use your favorite Duncan Hines® Comstock® Pie Filling.
- Hands-on Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 4 5-inch pies
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 1 can (21 oz.) of your favorite Duncan Hines® Comstock More Fruit Apple Pie Filling & Topping
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (or scratch recipe for a double crust)
- 1 egg
- 1 dash of milk
- 4 5-inch foil pie pans
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll pie crusts onto work surface. Press crust into 5-inch foil pie pans and cut away the excess.
- Fill pies with about 1/2 cup of pie filling.
- Using a foil pie pan as a guide, cut out 4 top pie crusts.
- Using a cat-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 4 cats from scrap pie dough. Place one on each pie crust.
- Lightly beat the egg with a dash of milk. Brush egg and milk mixture onto the edges of the pie. Place the decorated pie crust on the pie and crimp the edges. Brush the entire pie with the egg mixture.
- Place pies on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Baking Tip: You can use the pie crusts as is, but for a thicker crust, ball up the pie crusts and re-roll out onto work surface.