Salted Caramel Tiramisu Cake
Bake this excitingly delicious cake, completely surrounded by lady fingers!
- Hands-on Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 90 Minutes
- Servings: 12 to 14 Servings
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix
- Water, softened butter and eggs called for on cake mix package
- ¾ cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
- 2 containers Duncan Hines® Salted Caramel Creamy Frosting
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 package (3 oz.) lady fingers
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inches round cake pans.
- Prepare and bake cake mix with water, butter and eggs according to package directions.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Combine espresso and coffee liquor in medium bowl.
- Poke holes in cooked cakes with a skewer or fork. Brush tops of cake with espresso mixture, reserving ¼ cup to brush lady fingers with.
- Blend half a container of Frosting with mascarpone cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread mascarpone mixture on flat side of one cake layer. Top with next cake layer and frost entire cake with remaining Salted Caramel Frosting.
- Brush lady fingers with remaining espresso mixture. Press lady fingers around sides of cake. Garnish with chocolate shavings.