Red Velvet Lady Cakes
These red velvet cupcakes will be a hit at any party this year.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Servings: 12 cupcakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Decadent Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
- water, oil, eggs, and butter called for on cupcake mix package
- 24 soft lady finger cookies, cut in half (about 96 pieces)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan. (Do Not line with paper liners.)
- Combine cupcake mix pouch, water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Spoon evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare frosting pouch according to package directions.
- Place frosting in pastry bag. Pipe a small amount around sides of cupcakes. Spread with spatula. Place 8 lady finger pieces around edge of cupcakes, pressing into frosting to adhere. Pipe frosting on tops of cupcakes and decorate with strawberries.