Red Velvet Cherry Torte
Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake with red cherry pie filling creates a handsome and flavorful cake. Ice and garnish your Red Velvet Cherry Torte with toasted almond slivers.
- Hands-on Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 105 Minutes
- Servings: 12 to 16 servings.
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) Comstock® or Wilderness® Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 (8 oz) container non-dairy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Blend cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl.
- Spread one cup whipped topping on flat side of one cake layer, then half of the pie filling mixture. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining pie filling mixture to within 1-1/2 inches of cake edge. Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced almonds. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.