Orange Chai Red Velvet Cupcakes with Marshmallow Crème
Try these flavorful cupcakes any time of the year.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Servings: 12 cupcakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 3 chai flavored tea bags
- water, oil, eggs, and butter called for on the mix package
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Decadent Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- ground cinnamon and orange slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 12 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Brew chai tea bags in 2/3 cup boiling water; cool slightly.
- Combine cake mix pouch, brewed tea, oil, eggs, mandarin oranges and ginger in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix frosting pouch according to package directions with butter and water. Add marshmallow crème and blend until smooth. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish, if desired, dusted with ground cinnamon and orange slices