Orange & Almond Sponge Cakes
This refreshing and fruity cake is perfect for during the spring and summer months.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 36 Petite Cakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 orange, juiced and zested (about ⅓ cup juice and 1 Tbsp. zest)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Also terrific made with skim milk, 2% milk, Soy milk or coconut milk.)
- ⅔ cup egg whites
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- ½ pint blackberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Combine cake mix, orange juice, zest, almond milk, egg whites and yogurt in large bowl. Whisk until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut cake into 1½x3–inch pieces.
- Pipe each with whipped topping and top with black berries (almonds and if desired) and orange peel.