Lemon Almond Tea Cakes
These sophisticated cakes are perfect for your next tea party!
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Servings: 18 cupcakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 cup and 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk, divided
- ⅔ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 ½ tsp. almond extract, divided
- 2 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pan(s), do not use liners.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup almond milk, apple sauce, and 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Whisk confectioner’s sugar, remaining almond milk, and remaining almond extract in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over top of cupcakes, sprinkle zest over the tops if desired, and garnish with 3 almond slices (refer to photo).