Jack-O’-Lantern Mini Pies
This Halloween, why not carve a different kind of pumpkin? These personal pies are very simple and fun to make, plus you can use any flavor of Duncan Hines® Comstock® Pie Filling.
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 4-5 inch pies
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 1 can (21 oz.) Comstock More Fruit Cherry Pie Filling & Topping
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (or scratch recipe for a double crust)
- 1 egg
- 1 Dash of milk
- 4 5-inch foil pie pans
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll pie crusts onto work surface. Press crust into 5-inch foil pie pans and cut away the excess.
- Fill pies with about 1/2 cup of pie filling.
- Using a foil pie pan as a guide, cut out 4 top pie crusts.
- Cut triangle eyes and nose, plus a toothy smile.
- Lightly beat the egg with a dash of milk. Brush egg and milk mixture onto the edges of the pie. Place the decorated pie crust on the pie and crimp the edges. Brush the entire pie with the egg mixture.
- Place pies on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Baking Tip: You can use the pie crusts as is, but for a thicker crust, ball up the pie crusts and re-roll out onto work surface.