Use our Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix and Duncan Hines Comstock Fruit Filling to bake these Hamentashen cookies, popular for celebrating Purim.
- Hands-on Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 cups Duncan Hines Comstock® Fruit Filling, any flavor
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and flour. Stir in the eggs, oil and water to form a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 3 inch round circles and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the center of each cookie and pinch the sides to form three corners. Moisten with water if necessary.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.