German Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Make these decadent cookies for your next party!
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 48 cookies
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent German Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, melted and divided
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup EACH milk chocolate chunks and white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, butter, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Blend small ingredient pouch with water, cranberries, almonds and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter; set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly and evenly top with small ingredient pouch mixture.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool cookies 1 minute on pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Baking Tip: Use a 1 to 1-1/4-inch scoop to form dough into balls. For best results, bake one baking sheet at a time. If baking two sheets together, rotate pans halfway through baking.
- If desired, drizzle with melted Duncan Hines Home-Style Vanilla Frosting. To melt place ½ cup frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir until smooth.