Decadent German Chocolate Cherry Sundaes
Make a delicious cookie bowl from our Decadent German Chocolate Cake Mix and fill it with your favorite ice cream and Cherry Fruit Toppers.
- Hands-on Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Plus ⅓ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- your favorite ice cream
- Duncan Hines Fruit Toppers™ Cherry
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour the underside of a muffin pan.
- Combine cake mix and flour in large bowl. Stir in oil, eggs and water with wooden spoon until blended. Dough will be stiff.
- Roll dough out 1/8 to ¼-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut out dough using a 5-inch round cookie cutter or small bowl. Arrange on underside of prepared pan, creating a bowl shape. (Muffin pan sizes may be different, adjust size of cookie cutter according to your muffin pan.)
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on pan. (Thicker dough will result in sturdier cookie bowls.)
- Combine contents of small pouch, 1/3 cup water and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Place a scoop of ice cream into each Cookie Bowl. Add a spoonful of the small pouch mixture and a spoonful of Cherry Fruit Topper.
- Baking Tip: Substitute cocoa powder for flour when greasing the pan.