Decadent Chocolate Cherry Torte
Alternating layers of Duncan Hines triple chocolate cake, juicy cherry filling, and whipped cream are topped with crunch almond slivers.
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 105 Minutes
- Servings: 12 to 16
- Difficulty: EASY
- 2 boxes Signature Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 can (21 oz.) Comstock or Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen nondairy whipped topping1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl. Stir until blended.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with 1 cup whipped topping, then half the cherry pie filling mixture. Top with second layer.
- Spread remaining pie filling to within 1½" of cake edge.
- Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced almonds.