Comstock Cherry Chocolate Lovers Pie
With a chocolate wafer crust, creamy cheese and juicy cherries, it’s no surprise that this Comstock Cherry Chocolate Lovers Pie by Carol Socier of Bay City, MI won Best of Comstock in the 2015 APC National Pie Championships Amateur Division.
- Hands-on Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 120 Minutes
- Servings: 8 slices
- Difficulty: EXPERT
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light cream (half and half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1-ounce square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can Comstock Original Country Cherry Pie Filling & Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 10-12 maraschino cherries with stems
- Some dark melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter in bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 8-inch pie pan. Bake 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Divide mixture in half.
- Stir melted chocolate into half of the cream cheese mixture. Fold whipped cream into remaining cream cheese mixture. Pour chocolate mixture into cooled crust.
- Top with half of cherry pie filling, then top with whipped cream mixture and remaining pie filling. Chill well.
- Combine cream and powdered sugar in cold mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain stemmed cherries on paper towels. Melt chocolate in melting pot or microwave. Dip cherries into chocolate and set on waxed paper.
- Garnish chilled pie with cream and dipped cherries. Serves 8.