Chai Carrot Cake Squares with Spiced Frosting
Make these perfect treats during the holiday season.
- Hands-on Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 70 Minutes
- Servings: 12 cake squares
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Carrot Cake Mix
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 chai flavored tea bags
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Classic Vanilla Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- ½ tsp. EACH ground cinnamon and ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- Empty carrot and raisin pouch into small bowl and add hot water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Pour boiling water over tea bags and steep covered 5 minutes; cool slightly.
- Combine cake mix, carrot and raisin mixture, tea water, eggs, brown sugar and butter in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with white chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Combine frosting, ginger and cinnamon in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread cake with frosting and cut into squares. Dust, if desired, with additional cinnamon.