Carrot & Apple Mini Loaves with Pecan Crumble
Try these mini loaves for any occasion!
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 100 Minutes
- Servings: 4 mini loaves
- Difficulty: EASY
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Classic Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅔ cup apple sauce
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour four mini loaf pans.
- Combine nuts, 2 tablespoons dry cake mix, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl; set aside.
- Empty carrot and raisin pouch into small bowl and add hot water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining cake mix, carrot and raisin mixture (and any unabsorbed water), apple sauce and eggs in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle loaves evenly with nut mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaves on wire rack 25 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.