Carrot Almond Cake
This moist and rich carrot cake topped with Chocolate Almond frosting creations is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 12 Slices
- Difficulty: EASY
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix package
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Cream Cheese Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix batter with water, oil and eggs. Evenly pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup cream cheese frosting on flat side of one cake layer. Top with second cake layer.
- Blend chocolate frosting, remaining cream cheese frosting and almond extract in large bowl. Spread top and sides of cake with chocolate-almond cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle top with almonds.