Caramel Apple Pie Cakes
There are too few bite-sized pies in the world, don’t you think? Introducing a decadent caramel-filled cupcake with serious apple pie flavor! Problem solved.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
- Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Apple Caramel Cake mix
- 1 can Comstock Apple Pie filling
- 1 can Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 Frosting Creations Apple Pie Flavor Mix
- Caramel Filling (enclosed in the Decadent Apple Caramel Cake Mix)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place 24 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut a shallow circle from the top of each cupcake, leaving a ¼-inch border around the cake. (This border is the pie crusts.)
- Fill circles evenly with apple pie filling.
- Blend frosting and caramel in medium bowl. Pipe frosting across apples to form a lattice and around the edges to form crust.
- Baking Tip: This recipe is also delicious made with Duncan Hines® Comstock Caramel Apple Pie Filling & Topping.