Bake a batch of the world’s best Cake Pops with Duncan Hines®. Give this recipe a try and have your family begging for more!
- Hands-on Time: 75 Minutes
- Total Time: 150 Minutes
- Servings: 50 pops
- Difficulty: EXPERT
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13” x 9” pan.
- Prepare and Bake cake mix according to package directions with water, oil and eggs.
- Crumble cake into large bowl.
- Spoon ½ a container of frosting into microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds to soften. Add to crumbled cake and stir by hand until blended. If necessary for mixture to form a ball without cracking, add additional softened frosting.
- Shape mixture into (50) balls and place on sheet pan covered with waxed paper. Chill 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and shortening in microwave-safe bowl over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted; divide into 2 bowls. Color one with blue food coloring.
- Dip tips of lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate and insert into center of cake balls. Chill 5 minutes.
- Dip each cake ball into melted white or blue chocolate. Insert stick into Styrofoam block and repeat. (Re-melt chocolate as needed)
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, finely chopped toasted coconut and nuts.