Bourbon & Candied Bacon Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
Bake these rich and delicious treats for any party!
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- Difficulty: EASY
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- Water, oil, and eggs called for on the cake mix package
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon bacon
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Duncan Hines® Maple Spice or Classic Chocolate Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 12 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Place bacon in shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Let cool completely in pan. Cut each slice into 4 to 6 pieces; set aside.
- Combine cake mix pouch using water, oil, eggs and bourbon in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s).
- Mix chocolate pouch according to package directions. Drop by heaping teaspoons on top of the batter. Do Not Mix into batter. With knife, gently swirl chocolate on surface of cupcakes.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cupcakes spring back in center.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread with frosting. Top each with bacon and chocolate shavings.