Baked Apple Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Streusel Topping
Once you’ve tried it, you’ll want to add this comforting dish to your holiday table every year.
- Hands-on Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 8 Servings
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 2½ lbs. or 1 Can (29 oz.) sweet potatoes or yams, cut, boiled and peeled
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (21 oz.) can Duncan Hines® Comstock More Fruit Apple Pie Filling & Topping
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, cut sweet potatoes into small chunks and mash with potato masher. On slow speed beat in milk, eggs, butter and salt until smooth.
- Loosely fold apple fruit filling into the sweet potato mixture. Spoon into 2 quart casserole dish.
- To prepare streusel topping: combine in a small bowl butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans. Knead with hands. Sprinkle mixture on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 1 hour or until top is bubbly and set.