- 1 1/2 cups finely ground vanilla flavored cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Cherry Vanilla Frosting Creations Flavor Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
White Chocolate Cream:
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- Total cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- Chilling time: at least 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the outside of a 9-inch spring form pan with aluminum foil and place pan on a 9x16 inch or similar baking sheet.
- To make the crust, in a medium sized bowl, stir together the ground cookies and the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile In a food processor or large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Duncan Hines frosting starter and flavor mix, sugar, vanilla and flour.
- Add the eggs one at a time, pulse or blend after each addition just until eggs are incorporated. Pour the batter over the cooled crust.
- Place the cheesecake on the baking sheet on the center rack of the preheated oven. Bake the cheesecake for 40-45 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Turn off the oven, open door slightly and let cake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack. Run a sharp knife around the outside edges of the cheesecake, but do not release the sides.
- To make the white chocolate cream, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Fold the melted chocolate into the sour cream. Spread the white chocolate cream over the cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake in the pan for at least 3 hours until firm. Release the sides of the pan and transfer to a serving platter; cut into wedges to serve. Garnish if desired with Maraschino cherries.