- Almond Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup crushed almonds
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp almond flavoring
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 16 oz Duncan Hines Frosting Creations frosting starter
- 1 White Chocolate Raspberry Frosting Creations flavor mix in
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- 10 almond slivers (for garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside
- 2.Melt butter and water together and bring to a bowl
- 3.Stir in flour, salt and almonds into the boiling water. Stir until mixture thickens and pulls away from the sides of the pot. About 30 seconds.
- 4.Mix in eggs one at a time until flour mixture is smooth. Then mix in almond flavoring until blended in.
- 5.Drop mixture by ¼ cup fulls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until slightly brown.
- 6.Remove from oven to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- 1. Blend cream cheese until creamy. Blend in frosting, flavor mix, powdered sugar and almond flavoring until mixed thoroughly.
- 2.Place filling in the refrigerator and allow to become very cold before using.
To put together:
- 1 Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
- 2.Carefully slice tops of puff off. Begin by piping filling from the outer edge of the bottom and swirl into the center, covering the entire surface. Place top of puff over filling. Dot filling on top of the puff and garnish with an almond sliver.
- Makes: 10 Puffs