I'm a chocolate & peanut butter fanatic! I have more recipes that call for these two ingredients than anything else. From cakes, to cookies, to ice cream, but this one is by far my favorite of them all! This is a very simple, but elegant looking dessert. With a little mixing & assembly, you'll create a beautiful dessert for any occassion with minimal effort, but it looks like a masterpiece.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Chocolate Brownie Mix (already prepared according to box directions)
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Devil Food Cake (already prepared according to box directions)
- Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Mousse (recipe follows)
- Fudge topping
- Brownie chunks
- Mini peanut butter chips
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package peanut butter cups, crushed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Almond Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1/2 cup fudge topping
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass turned upside down to cut out 6 brownie rounds. Take remaining brownies and cut into chunks and set aside.
- Use same "cutter" and cut out 6 cake rounds. Slice each round in half, horizontally, so as they're not too thick.
- For the Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Mousse: Cream peanut butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Stir in crushed peanut butter cups.
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Almond Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Add fudge topping and mix well.
- Begin with a layer of brownie, alternate layers of peanut butter mousse and chocolate cake, ending with cake.
- Frost top with Chocolate Almond Frosting Creations; top with chunks of brownie pieces.
- Melt remaining fudge and pour over the brownie pieces.
- Sprinkle mini peanut butter chips on top.
- Refrigerate a couple of hours until firm.
I LOVE pb & chocolate...good work!