- 1-baked cake from any Duncan Hines mix
- 1-can of Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style frosting of your choice (need 3/4 of a can to have the right consistency)
- Dark Blue or Black or your choice of colors Candy Melts
- 4 in. Lollipop Sticks (cut into 2, each cake pops will need 3 pcs of stick to make it stand)
- Red Sugar for coal effect
- Black or Grey buttercream icing with tip #2
- Grill Food: Tootsie Roll (for burger meat), Jelly Beans (for peppers), Mike & Ike/Hot Tamales (for hotdog), and Starburst mixed with Caramel (for steak)
- Straight Spatula (the one used for icing the cake)
- Standard Ice Cream Scoop (need for Half-Ball shape)
- Cookie Sheet & Wax Paper
- Crumble the cake then mix with 3/4 of a can of frosting. Mold with ice cream scoop to make Half-Ball shape.
- Arrange them in the container, cover then chill them in the freezer (3-4 hours) or fridge (overnight).
- Melt the candy/chocolate until smooth. (Tips: it's best if you have warming tray to keep the chocolate at the ideal melted texture)
- Dip the cake pops in the chocolate by using spoon. Pick the cake pops by flat side on the spatula, tap gently to make smooth on the round side (it's okay if the flat side not fully covered)
- Put the flat side (with spatula under it) on the wax paper then insert the 3-pcs stick on the round side (dip in the chocolate before that). Turn around the cake pops, the spatula on left hand and hold one stick on right hand. Adjust the 3-sticks so the cake pops can stand & balance
- Dip the flat top in the chocolate then sprinkle it with red sugar to make coal effect
- Draw the grill line with black/grey icing (#2 tip) on the flat side of the cake pops then arrange the candy food on top of it
a. Burger: slice the Tootsie Rolls and draw the lines like grilled
b. Hotdog: slice half of Mike & Ike/Hot Tamales and draw the line
c. Pepper: cut into 4-pieces of Jelly Beans (yellow, red, orange, and green)
d. Steak/Chicken Leg: mix the Caramel & pink Starburst, mold it into steak shaped or chicken leg. Draw the lines.