- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Crème Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix Duncan Hines® Devil’s Food Cake Mix, flour, eggs, vegetable oil and water.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Put no more than 6 to 8 on a sheet pan, as the batter will spread.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Crème Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the Orange Crème frosting you just created on the flat sides of half of the whoopie pies and top with remaining pies.
- Store your whoopie pies between layers of wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.