Who wouldn’t want to wake up to an Apple-Spiced Cinnamon Roll Sundae for breakfast? This versatile recipe can wake up your family or provide the perfect finish at your family table for lunch or dinner. Impressive for guests too!
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Apple Caramel Decadent Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavor Mix
- 8 waffle bowls
- 8 tbsp pecan pieces, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a13x9x2-inch baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine small pouch from cake mix box with orange juice and melted butter. Stir until mixture thickens. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry cake mix with vegetable oil, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Stir about 50 strokes until moistened and combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop the spice mixture randomly by large spoonfuls onto surface of batter. Swirl into batter using a knife or spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree for 27 - 30 minutes or until cake is firm in center. Remove from oven and let cool 10 – 15 minutes.
- Fill waffle bowls equally with large spoonfuls of Duncan Hines Apple Carmel cake. Set aside.
- Remove foil from Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter and make a deep hole in the center of the frosting starter using a dinner knife.
- Pour 2 pkgs of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Caramel Flavor Mix into hole. Stir flavor mix into the frosting starter until evenly blended throughout.
- (Note: You may use one pkg of flavor mix, although the flavors of the Apple Caramel cake compliment a more intense Carmel flavor.)
- Place divided caramel frosting on top of cake in waffle bowls; using a large spoon to make dollops. Sprinkle each portion overall with 1 tbsp pecans.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Congrats on the win! Hope it was fun!