- 1 box of Duncan Hines Classic Carrot Decadent Cake Mix
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water (add the carrot/raisin pouch and allow to stand for 5 mins)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple (see below for other options)
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 T butter (softened)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350 º F (180ºc)
- One 12 cup and one 6 cup muffin tin, greased or paper lined
- Add carrot/ raisin pouch to the 1 cup of water and allow to stand for minimum of 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, flour, baking powder, eggs, oil, drained pineapple and the carrot/raisin/water mixture. Mix by hand until completely blended, approximately 50 strokes. Pour batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins 2/3rds full. Make crumble topping following directions below and sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until tops springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 15 minutes in pans on wire rack, then remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
For crumble top:
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans (if desired) mixing until crumbly. Use as indicated above.
- For a different flavor replace pineapple with white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.