- 1 box of Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
- 2 apples diced and peeled (about 1 -11/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons melt butter
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan
- Empty dry mix into large bowl
- Stir eggs, water, oil into dry mix until well blended (about 50 strokes) add diced apple pieces
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Open cinnamon apple pouch and squeeze onto surface of cake, using a knife or spatula gently swirl the apple filling into the cake surface.
- Sprinkle granola pouch over the top of the apple cinnamon
- Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees until cake is firm in center. Follow cooking time provided
- Cool 15-20 mins
So unless your 2 apples are a very quick cooking kind, I suggest you cook them in a saucepan with a tiny bit of water and sugar. Then you could probably omit the cornstarch but I'd stir a little into cold water and into the apples, let them cool, then add them to the mix.
I had it both with whipped cream and without. Good either way. Can just slice off a piece and eat it with your fingers. It did have that whole grain taste, I think that's what it was, that I'm not too used to in most baking but would make it again. When mixing it was very thick. i added a little more water, it was still thick. Part of the problem was I threw a handful of frozen blueberries in. By the time I got done, they were way overcooked. So that wasn't such a good idea. Better luck next time.