- 1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Decadent Carrot Cake
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water (add carrot/raisin pouch and allow to stand 5 minutes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room
- 1 1?2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup mango puree
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 oz. cold mascarpone
- Strips of dried mango for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add carrot/raisin pouch to the 1 cup of water and allow to stand for a minimum of 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, flour, baking powder, eggs, oil, and carrot/raisin/water mixture. Mix by hand until completely blended, approximately 50 strokes. Pour batter into paper-lined cupcake pans 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes for 20 - 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans for 15 minute on wire rack, then remove from pans and cool completely on rack before frosting.
- To make the mascarpone icing, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon zest and mango puree, add the mascarpone until blended.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost them and garnish with strips of dried mango.
There are no reviews.