- 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix (flavor of your choice)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Duncan Hines frosting
- 48 white melting chips (for the eyes)
- 48 large Ghirardelli chocolate chips (for the pupils- Ghirardelli chips are larger and more proportional)
- 24 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies
- Wilton Sky Blue food coloring
- McCormick blue food coloring
- Bake as directed on the Duncan Hines Box
- Allow to cool for an hour to an hour and a half
- Begin with two cupcakes. One will be the traditional base and the "muffin top" of the second will be the cookie monster's head.
- Slice the second cupcake in half horizontally. The top half of the cupcake will make the cookie monster's head.
- Frost the first cupcake lightly to secure the head.
- Make a horizontal slice in the head so that you can stuff the cookie in.
- Cut the chocolate chip cookies in half and stuff one in the slice you just made in the cupcake.
- Tint the frosting bright blue using the Wilton Sky Blue food coloring. Add McCormick blue food coloring if necessary to get the blue just right.
- Cover the entire head with blue frosting, using a decorative tip.
- For the eyes, place two white chocolate melting chips on the cookie monster's head.
- Place two Ghirardelli chocolate chips on the white melting chips so that the eyes look a bit crazy.