- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
For the filling:
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus extra if needed
- 1/4 cup water, plus extra if needed
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place 12 cupcake liners into cupcake pan, or grease with non-stick baking spray.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar until thick, electric hand mixers are great!
- Add in vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Add the sifted ingredients from step 4, beat until it's all mixed.
- Mash up the bananas, then stir into mixture, mixing by hand with a spatula NOT electric mixer.
- Spoon into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. *Warning - when testing with a toothpick, if you hit the bananas it will still look wet, so always try another spot and make sure you do not overcook!!*
While cupcakes bake, work on strawberry filling:
- Combine strawberries, sugar and water in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until strawberries are broken down and sauce becomes thick. Stir continuously so it doesn't burn. If the sauce does not taste sweet enough, add more sugar a pinch at a time. If too sweet, add water 1/2 tsp at a time.
- Let cool completely
- Once both the cupcakes and the filling are cooled, core out the center of the cupcakes and fill with the strawberry sauce.
- Put the part of the cake back on top of the filling once you are done.
Ice with the Bubblegum icing, and enjoy (: