First off I love that Duncan Hines has a section specifically for "cupcakes". Leave it the goodness of Duncan Hines to do this, for cupcakes do indeed deserve a category all of their own☺
2ndly, These "cupcakes sort of fill themselves", well, not really. You do the actually preparing and dropping of the filling, but the baking does the filling. You'll see!
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like using the mini ones - and ooh, those new cinnamon chips would be nice also)
- 1 bottle Duncan Hines Amazing Glaze, chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare cake as directed on package; set aside.
- In another bowl cream together cream cheese, sugar, salt and egg. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake tins. Fill each 2/3rd's full. Drop about a teaspoonful onto each cupcake. Do not mix in! Just leave them and it will fill itself as it cooks.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until tested done.
- Cool completely, drizzle with glaze and enj☺y!
- Makes about 30 cupcakes.
absolutely fantastic cupcakes. Family and friends enjoyed them so much, I make them frequentlu