- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Place 14-16 liners in muffin cups. (Baking tip: Spray top of pan with cooking spray for cupcakes to release from pan easier.)
- Mix batter according to directions. Spoon batter into muffin tin, about 2/3rds of the way full. You will have enough batter for 14-16 cupcakes.
- Mix caramel pouch as directed on box. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of caramel on top of the batter. Do not mix into batter. Gently swirl caramel into surface of cupcake using a knife.
- Bake for 21-24 mins. Cupcakes will be golden brown and spring back when touched in center. Allow to cool completely before glazing or frosting.
Top with Duncan Hines Vanilla Amazing Glazes:
- Follow instructions on package to remove paper tab under cap, open cap, microwave and pour. For easy clean up, put cupcakes on a rack, which is sitting on top of a piece of foil, wax paper or parchment paper -- then pour the glaze over the cupcakes.
Duncan Hines® Recipe
Incredible Middles – Apple Caramel Decadent Cupcakes
Decadent cupcakes with a delicious caramel middle! All it takes is one box of Apple Caramel Decadent cake mix to make these delicious, moist cupcakes. Be sure to top with Duncan Hines Vanilla Amazing Glazes for a truly over-the-top delicious dessert.
Christine Mlinek (315 discussions) on Sep 24, 2011 at 08:12 PM
just made them now, I definitely got 18 cupcakes worth and oh... my.... goodness. I am waiting for them to cool down to use the vanilla glaze because I think it just needs a little drizzle....
baamom (4 discussions) on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM
I made these cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and they were so moist. I used vanilla frosting, but these are good even unfrosted. (My 7 yr old said they were yummy, even unfrosted!) Seemed as if I wasn't going to have enough caramel, but turns out there was more than enough. Will definitely make this again, this recipe is a keeper.
Pridester (1 discussion) on Apr 4, 2011 at 09:17 AM
These cupcakes turned out wonderful! I made them for St. Patrick's Day. I put vanilla frosting on them and sprinkled them with green sugar. They were very good and it was hard to be satisfied eating just one! I shared them with my family and they also loved them. They were easy to make and the instructions were very easy to follow. I will definitely make these cupcakes again. It was worth spending the extra pennies for the new mix also! Overall, I rate them a 4.5. This is because some of the carmel didn't drop to the middle on some of the cupcakes. And I did follow the recipe exactly as it was written. But, those ones were still very good. Thanks Duncan Hines for making such a wonderful new cake mix!!!
ljones3 (1 discussion) on Feb 13, 2011 at 05:03 PM
I made these cupcakes for my employees at work to thank them for handling the stress of a busy product launch. The cupcakes came out WONDERFUL and got many compliments. I made them as directed but instead of the glaze I made caramel cream cheese frosting. They were just great and I was able to get 20 regular sized cupcakes from the batter with more than enough caramel to go around.
- Share, rate and review recipes
- Print exclusive coupons
- Chat in the forums