- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz.) can of Duncan Hines® Comstock® Apple Pie Filling
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mix
- Ground cinnamon (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of apple from the Duncan Hines® Comstock® Apple Pie Filling on top of each filled cupcake liner.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans to finish cooling.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost cupcakes with the Cinnamon Roll frosting you just created and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- To replicate the cupcakes in the photo, transfer frosting to a piping bag with a medium round decorator tip. Start at the center of the cupcake and pipe in a circular motion around the cupcake.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.