- 2 cups malt powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Duncan Hines® Comstock® No-Sugar-Added Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cherry Vanilla Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine 1 cup of malt powder with milk and mix until malt powder is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix Duncan Hines® French Vanilla Cake Mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil with remaining 1 cup of malt powder.
- Add liquid malted milk mixture to cake batter and blend.
- Add in Duncan Hines® Comstock® No-Sugar-Added Cherry Pie Filling.
- Using a mixer, mix batter for 3 minutes until cherries are broken up and batter is fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then turn out of pans to finish cooling.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cherry Vanilla Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Transfer the Cherry Vanilla frosting you just created to a piping bag with an open star decorator tip.
- Pipe the frosting in a swirling motion around your cupcakes.
- Garnish with a straw and serve.
- Remove your warm cupcakes from the cupcake tins 5 minutes after they come out of the oven to finish cooling. This prevents the cupcakes from steaming and becoming soggy.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.