- 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Apple Caramel Cake mix
- 1 can Comstock Apple Pie filling
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Apple Pie Frosting Creations Flavor Mix
- Caramel Filling (enclosed in the Decadent Apple Caramel Cake Mix)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Prepare cake batter and enclosed caramel filling packet as directed on the package.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them half way. Top with a teaspoon of caramel filling. Top that with remaining cupcake batter, filling the liners no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake in center of oven at 350°F until cupcakes are firm in center, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using a paring knife, cut a shallow circle from the top of the cupcake leaving a taller ¼ inch border of cake around the edges. This is your “pie crust”.
- Fill the circle with a scant tablespoon of Comstock Apple pie filling.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Apple Pie Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Pipe two lines of frosting across cupcake. Turn cupcake ¼ turn and pipe two more lines of frosting to complete the lattice top. Pipe frosting around the edge of cupcake to complete your “pie crust”.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.
First it says fill cupcake liners halfway, add filling,