- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix
- 1 cup nonpareils, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Transfer the Bubble Gum frosting you just created to a piping bag with a round decorating tip.
- Pipe a circle of frosting around the outside edge only of each cupcake.
- Put nonpareils in a shallow bowl.
- Holding a cupcake by the bottom, tilt cupcake and dip the frosted edges into the nonpareils. Rotate cupcake and repeat until frosting is covered in nonpareils.
- To finish cupcakes, pipe a swirl of frosting in middle of your cupcake, taking care not to disturb decorated edges of cupcake.
- After applying nonpareils to the frosted edge of cupcakes, you can refrigerate the cupcakes for 15 minutes before adding the rest of frosting. This will adhere the nonpareils more firmly to the cupcake.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.