The first time I made these strawberry shortcake flavored cheesecake bars and shared with my coworkers, I was immediately inundated with recipe requests. Two of my friends want to make these for their children's wedding receptions, both commenting about how the bars were not only delicious, but would also be an elegant dessert to serve on a buffet. The flavor combination is perfect!
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 12 oz. strawberry flavored cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation almond extract
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 12 large fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 3 oz. almond flavored candy coating, melted
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spoon frosting mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, eggs, flour and extract. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat cake mix and softened butter on low speed until crumbly. Remove 1 cup and set aside.
- Press remaining cake mix mixture into bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour frosting mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with reserved cake mix mixture then sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes just until center is set.
- Cool completely in dish.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting into 24 squares.
- Arrange squares on a large platter.
- Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each.
- Place melted candy coating in a resealable plastic bag and use a toothpick to poke two small holes in a bottom corner.
- Drizzle candy coating over bars.
- Allow coating to harden before serving.
- Serves 24.
great recipe! sw☺