This is an old-fashioned cookie like grandma used to make.
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon mixed in
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream shortening; add sugar and cream. Blend in egg and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well; put in refrigerator to chill 1 hour or more.
- After chilling the dough, shape it into balls about the size of large walnuts.
- Dip tops into granulated sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on greased baking sheet with sugared side up 3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with 3 or 4 drops of water. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Great!! Use dark molasses for full flavor!! YUMMY!!