- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Stir together cake mix, butter and egg. Spread mixture evenly into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Blend together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Pour mixture over top of cake mix mixture.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into 1 1/2x3 1/4-inch bars.
I melted the butter as suggested by some below, but it's disappointing. The top is sticky and the bottom thick and chewy.
Blend (where in a bowl?) . This recipe was not written
MELT THE BUTTER. How hard would it be to add those 3 little words to the recipe?
These are very delicious but, c'mon Duncan Hines, just because we're all supposed to be so advanced with technology doesn't mean your company has to force us to use the Web site (so you can slam us with advertising) and, then, when we do, you can't even tell us to MELT THE BUTTER?