- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Hydrate the carrots and raisins in 1 cup hot tap water. Allow to hydrate for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Beat butter and cake mix, add the two eggs. Add drained carrots and raisins to batter. Mix in the 1 cup of oatmeal and nuts (if desired).
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of batter onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Press batter out slightly with back of spoon. (cookies do not spread)
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350°.
- Cool on cookie sheets and then transfer to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Frost with Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting and enjoy.
- Note: Good without frosting too.
No one in my house will eat raisins in cookies. I took out the nuts and split my batter, so that 1/2 had them and the other didn't - also added 1/2 tsp of vanilla and fresh rum to the whole batch and about a 1/2 tsp of cake spice. I played with it alot after making it the shown way. :-D
I'm loving this recipe so far and cannot wait to eat 'em all up, Yummy!!!