Modified recipe from THE CANADIAN LIVING Test Kitchen
- 30 Lemon Social Tea Cookies (or Vanilla Waffers)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 Eggs
- 11/4 Cup granulated Sugar
- 2 TBSPN finely grated Lemon rind (or Sweet Lime... which is yellow and Lime/Lemon taste)
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice (or Sweet Lime)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 TBSPN Icing sugar
- Line 13x9 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray
- Crush cookies in food processor, pulse in 1/2 Cup melted butter
- Press into pan, bake 325 degrees 10-12 mins (until firm), then cool on rack
- Beat Cream Cheese, 1/4 C sugar... until smooth, beat in 1 egg...spread over cooled cookie base
- Beat 4 eggs with 1 1/4 C sugar until thickened.
- Beat in lemon rind and lemon juice, flour and baking powder Until Smooth
- Bake 325 degrees 35 mins (until edges are set and browning.
- Cool on rack
- Refrigerate up to 5 days, or double wrap in foil and freeze 1 month.
- Cut into bars (60) and dust with icing sugar.
Thanks for sharing this recipe