Pineapple Orange Cake
An added twist to an already delicious orange cake.
Duncan Hines Orange cake mix
reg. can crushed pineapple
Oil (if cake mix directions call for it)
- Pour cake mix into good size mixing bowl.
- Use instructions for cake mix with exception of adding water.
- Drain pineaple.
- Replace water with crushed pineapple, (using your own judgement of how much to add for consistency of batter, 3/4 of the can should be enough). Be sure to save some of the crushed pineapple for the glaze).
- Spray cooking pan, I use a 9 x 13 glass.
- Use cooking gude on cake mix box.
- Mix left over crushed pineapple with confectioners sugar until you have the consistency you desire. If this is not enough pineapple you can add more from another can.
- Add a little orange extract. (I don't measure, I just pour a little, maybe about 1 tablespoon.
- Using fork, poke holes in cake and pour glaze over cake. Can be eaten right away or let glaze ooze into cake for a few hours.