This is perfect for any occasion! Very few ingredients, easy to make and perfect for the Mom on the go. The use of Duncan Hines products makes it easy to make a picture perfect dessert.
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- Duncacn Hines Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 X-Lg Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Veg. Oil
- 1-3 oz. Straw. Jello
- 1 Qt. Strawberries (Washed)
- 1 Can Whip Cream (Optional)
- Green icing for decorating
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Set aside.
- Put the Duncan Hines French Van. Cake Mix in a large mixing bowl; add the eggs, water & oil. Beat at medium speed for approx. 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter in a small bowl & add the Straw. Jello; mix well. Pour the other half in 2-8" greased & floured baking pan. Then add the Straw. flavored batter & swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake at 325* for approx. 33-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cakes out of the oven & let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- When the cakes are completely cool, cover with the Duncan Hines Straw. Shortcake Icing.
- Take a large strawberry & quarter to resemble a flower. Take the whip cream; spray in the center of the strawberry (optional). Slice the remaining strawberries; decortate around the bottom & top of the cake. Take the green icing & make a stem around the Straw. flower.
beautiful and very creative
that looks really good .. Strawberries are great anytime.. nice job Sue..