Mocha Cake Truffles
A small bite of Tres Leches cake with a big taste of Mocha, packaged in a delicious chocolate candy coating.
Duncan Hines Tres Leches Signature Cake Mix
strong brewed coffee
packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mocha Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
Chocolate candy coating/wafers
Vanilla candy coating/wafers (optional)
Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 13x9” pan, flour lightly.
- Blend cake mix, coffee, & eggs in a large bowl for 30 seconds at low speed.
- Beat batter for 1 minute at medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Pour batter in pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mocha Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Mix crumbled warm cake, can of frosting, and small Tres Leches packet until they create a soft, moldable dough. If dough is too thick, add strong coffee 1 Tablespoon at a time. Refrigerate dough for 1-3 hours to make rolling & dipping easier.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure and roll the cakeball dough into balls.
- Melt chocolate candy wafers, adding enough vanilla wafers to achieve the shade and flavor of chocolate you want.
- Dip cakeballs in melted chocolate and allow to set on wax paper. Immediately top with your choice of chocolate covered coffee beans and other decorations. Place truffle in mini cupcake liners.