Chocolate Mint Cake
This cake is very simple and super yummy. The chocolate cake and mint frosting are oh-so delightfully divine.
Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 1/3 Cups
Duncan Hines Creamy Home-style Classic Vanilla Frosting
heavy whipping cream
oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups
Grasshopper cookies, crushed (or any mint cookie)
Andes baking chips
- Prepare cake as directed into 2 9 in. round layers.
- Bake at 350* for 30 - 33 minutes.
- Cool completely and level cakes.
- Mix frosting and mint extract until well blended
- Spread 1/2 cup of frosting over one layer and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cookies and 1/2 cup Andes mint chips. Add second layer.
- Frost entire cake, top and sides, with the remaining frosting.
- Slowly bring whipping cream to a gently boil in a medium saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly.
- Place chocolate chips in bowl and pour hot cream over chips. Let sit for 1 minute without stirring. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature. Carefully spread onto frosted cake. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining cookies and Andes mints.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.