- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix **
- 1 (3 3/4-oz.) package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Wesson or Criso oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof )
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum ( 80 proof )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour batter over nuts.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool; invert onto serving plate. Prick top with fork.
- Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and remove from heat.
- Stir in rum. You may decorate with whipped cream before serving.
- ** If using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix, omit the instant pudding, using 3 eggs instead of 4 and 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.
gwen 7025 It is April 1st and I have just finished another one of these awsome cakes. One thing I have done diffrently is that when you put on the glaze be sure to go slowly and spoon it on rather than pouring it on. Last time I was in a hurry and it just did not come out as perfectly as it usually does and that is why. Hope you enjoy it.
I made one two weeks ago and have just finished making another one as everyone that tried it is begging me for another piece. Even the local priest said he di not give that up for lent so he would like to try it. I hope everyone loves it as much as alol my friends and I do.