The fabulous Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations, mixed with a hint of peppermint flavored Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake makes a great combination at any event. The tie dye colors really pop when paired with the Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting. Jazz it up by plating it on a "pillow" of cotton candy to intensify the effect!! It's a real BLAST of flavor!!
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cans Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy Flavor Mix
- 4 bright colors of food coloring
- non stick baking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 3 mini cake release pans with non-stick spray.
- 2.Prepare cake batter as directed on package, adding the peppermint extract before blending.
- 3. Divide the batter into four separate small bowls.
- 4. Color the batter in each bowl with a few drops of food coloring . Mix to desired color
- 5. Drop dollops of each colored batter into the mini cake pans until they are ¾ full
- 6. Use a toothpick to swirl the batter a few times.
- 7.Bake according to instructions on box (I baked mine 30 minutes) and make sure a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- 8. Cool completely, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 9. Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- 10. Cut each mini cake in half and frost with Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting, using a pastry bag.
- 11. Plate on a pillow of cotton candy.
What a wonderful idea!! Looks and sounds delicious!!!